Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Delay=mold

A few weeks ago I looked up and found water dripping through the roof of my kitchen (from the bathroom upstairs). I have to give Fulton Homes credit here; they responded really quickly. Three guys were here within an hour looking at it, ripping up the walls to find the leak, etc.

As an interesting side note, one of the guys said, "Oh, it's that valve leaking again." My husband and I exchanged a meaningful look...AGAIN?!?!?! So they *know* they are using faucets prone to leaking, or is is just our valve and it was leaking before we moved in?

Anyway, the vinyl flooring in that bathroom had been pulling away from the floor, and was also scheduled to be fixed. But nobody thought it was related to the leak.

Well a few days ago someone finally came out to deal with the flooring and when they pulled it up the floor was saturated with water and mold was starting to grow. Great! Just what I wanted in my new house...mold! Maybe if they had fixed it SOONER THAN 10+ DAYS, mold wouldn't have had a chance to grow. Now our bathroom is all torn up and unuseable (and smelly like bleach).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home