Wednesday, November 02, 2005

It's a tough job...

OK, I sympathize with Tom. I really do. He has to deal with all the subcontractors, and bothersome homeowners like me.

I asked him today who is even coordinating all these things going on at our house (since the new flooring people want to come out, but the mold inspection isn't done yet; and various other scheduling difficulties). He said he is, and it's actually better this way. If we end up with Customer Care (so many companies use that name, and it is almost always painfully ironic), he said we can get firm dates when people will come out, but it will be at least three weeks out. And we don't want our bathroom torn up for three weeks or more. But he can get people to come out on much shorter notice...they just absolutely won't tell us when they are coming, or if they do tell us a time we can be pretty much certain it is meaningless.

That's the deal. If you're a new homeowner who needs repairs in AZ (and you will, since they are throwing the houses together faster than a dog chasing a rabbit), you're at the mercy of the contractors and subcontractors. The area is so booming they don't need to care.

In a strange way, I do feel better now. At least I know where I stand, and that I haven't just missed finding the person who is actually in charge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home